Throughout the past 1½ year I have learned a lot from the kids I live with. I have learned that:
-Patience is WAY MORE than a virtue
-That what you don’t know TYPICALLY won’t kill you (like what you are eating or whether or not a child washed their hands before rubbing them all over your face)
- Sharing suckers/gum/and EVERYTHING ELSE edible (and not) is just what good friends do
-Michael Jackson, Salena, and Celine Dion music will NEVER grow old
-And most of all, one man’s trash IS ALWAYS another man’s (or little kid’s) treasure
Now, although I have learned a lot from my kiddos, they have also posed just as many, if not more, questions for me to ponder. Being primarily raised by a couple of Americans and sharing their home with countless Americans throughout the year, they have come up with some rather valid questions about us. And so today, I thought I would share a few of my all time favorite questions our kids have about America and the people that live there. I am not going to tell you who asked them but I would love to hear some of your responses!
Feel free to laugh and contemplate!
I do both everyday!
Here we go:
1. Why do American women shave their legs but not their arms?
2. Why do Americans cry so much when they are here?
3. Why do Americans eat so much all the time?
4. Why do Americans yawn all day long?
5. Why do Americans love their dogs so much?
6. Do all Americans own a pair of Chacos?
7. Why do Americans say that they are “starving” when they really aren’t?
8. Why do Americans like their showers hot but their rooms cold?
9. Do all Americans own an iPhone?
10. Why do Americans always smile in their photos?
Anyone have answers?